As a seller, how can you counteract a home sale contingency?Consider having your agent add a “Right of First Refusal” (ROFR) or “Continued Marketing Addendum” to the.
What makes a home water-smart?
To qualify as a Water Smart Home, homes must meet the following requirements:
- Front yards have water-smart landscaping, including trees, flowers and groundcover
- Backyard has a lawn less than 50 percent of the landscapable area, not exceeding 1,000 square feet
- Living lawns are not permitted in front yards; artificial turf is allowed
- No ornamental water features
- Combined pool and spa surface area is deducted from grass allowance
- Pool drain/sewer clean-out port is enclosed and clearly marked for convenient access
- Pools may not feature decorative water features that drop or propel water more than 24 inches above the main water surface
Plumbing and equipment
- Homes include high-efficiency WaterSense-labeled fixtures such as toilets, showerheads, and faucets
- When offered, appliances such as dishwashers, washing machines, water softeners, and water treatment systems must meet minimum program standards
- No evaporative air conditioning systems
- Each home includes a hot water system that minimizes wasted water before delivery of hot water
- Indoor and outdoor water pressure is regulated to a maximum of 60 psi using a pressure regulating valve (PRV) downstream of the water meter when necessary
- Irrigation systems are designed to eliminate runoff
- Separate control zones (valves) are provided for different plant and irrigation types
- Sprinkler heads are used only to water grass and have a four-inch or greater pop-up height
- Drip irrigation systems are required for planter beds and equipped with a pressure regulator, filter, flush end assembly and other components
- Irrigation controllers must meet minimum program standards
- Non-grass areas include a minimum 2-inch layer of mulching material (if used, weed barrier fabric must be permeable to air and water)
- Builder-installed landscaping includes a one-year limited warranty
One of my goals of the Water Smart Home is to educate potential home buyers about the benefits of buying a water-efficient home. Would you like to see one of these homes today? Give me a call!
Helping you experience something new in Las Vegas that's guaranteed. Real Estate with less stress!....
Latest Blog Posts
You’ve got more options than ever when mattress shopping these days with no shortage of brick-and-mortar and online-only retailers to choose from. Here are the factors you should consider when